May the forecast be ever in your favor….
If you like snow and cold, you are REALLY in luck this week. According to our partners at the Weather Channel, Northeast Ohio is in for some outstanding winter weather with snow giving way to freezing temperatures and then back to an icy, wintery mix over the next 10 days.
But we’ll leave the forecasting to the professionals.
Let’s chat about some things that you and your family can do to prepare for the winter weather that is upon us. But first, please remember your friends and neighbors – especially those who may have functional or access needs – and check on them. Help them get prepared as well, if you are able!
- Build a kit – just in case (like Buffalo a few years ago) we get a wall of snow overnight and you can’t leave your home for a few days.
- Plan for an emergency – who will you contact, consider your animals, learn about fire safety.
- Stay informed – listen to weather forecasts, heed their warnings.
- Prepare for power outages.
- Download the Red Cross Emergency App or, go to redcross.org and search emergency app.