Nearly every eight minutes, the American Red Cross extends a helping hand to a family in need that has lost everything – the roof over their heads, their clothes, and their most cherished possessions – to a home fire.
The Red Cross has been busy helping neighbors in and around Northeast Ohio, but we need your help on one special day to continue to provide the emergency services that our neighbors depend on each and every day.
On April 21, you have a chance to help families in need whenever and wherever they need it by participating in the Red Cross’ Giving Day to #help1family. A donation of just $88.50 can provide a family with a day’s worth of food, plus blankets and other essentials.
We are proud of the work we accomplished to help people in Northeast Ohio last year:
- Installing 8,960 smoke alarms in NEO communities
- Provided 3,161 students with disaster readiness training through The Pillowcase Project, sponsored by Disney
- Responded to over 950 disaster incidents such as home fires or flooding
Spread the word about Giving Day – the more people who support Giving day means we can help more families. Use your social media channels to reach out to friends and family and ask them to donate to #help1family by visiting https://givingday.redcross.org/region/northeast-ohio.
Here are four ways your donation will #help1family:
- Supporting a family in urgent need: provide funding to give a family a day’s worth of food, blankets, and other essentials.
- Supplying warm meals: help provide hearty, comforting meals to people impacted by disasters.
- Providing clean-up kits after a disaster strikes: make clean-up kits available for families in need that include vital items like a mop, bucket, and disinfectant.
- Deploying an emergency response vehicle for a day: Red Cross workers travel to impacted neighborhoods in fully stocked Emergency Response vehicles to provide food, water and critical relief.
Imagine the impact that we could have on our community if everyone wanted to #help1family.